Information We Collect
This section will cover all the data we collect from you and why we collect it. We collect this information from you when you interact with certain services we provide or when you voluntary provide it. Information that we might collect include but are not limited to name, email address, house or business address, phone number and user data.
- Data We Collect Automatically: This covers all data that we collect from you when you interact with us at our physical location/locations or our services without you doing anything. The data includes CCTV images for the prevention of crime and staff safety and is stored on site and is encrypted. Regarding our website, IP addresses and computer information which includes the web browser used to look at the website and operating system that is being used on the connected computer. We store this information for improving our website and tracking how many people come to our site. The information collected is stored off premise at a third party who are GDPR complaint see here for the policy https://im-digital.co.uk/privacy-policy.
- Information Collected Though Other Services or Given Voluntarily: You may give us permission to collect your information though services we offer for example when you are booking in a job for repair, registering a repair call, placing an order online, by phone or in person or applying for credit for setting up a lease or securing your data. This information is kept for us to help run the business and serve customers requests data collected is kept on site on an encrypted database and offsite with third-party hosts. All the third parties we use are GDPR complaint and all have privacy polices to reflect this all are available on request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We may use third party web site analytic tools such as Google Analytics on our website that employ cookies to collect certain information concerning your use of our Services. However, you can disable cookies by changing your browser settings. Further information about the procedure to follow in order to disable cookies can be found on your Internet browser provider's website via your help screen.
- Marketing: We do employ a number of marketing activities this includes emailing potential customers and or phoning. This is done by you subscribing to a mailing list or from obtaining the information from a public source for example the Telephone Preference Service list which gives us the ability to contact you with potential offers or business. This list is held at a third party’s who are GDPR complaint their privacy policies are available on request. If you do not wish to receive these emails any more after selecting the opt-in option, you can unsubscribe at any point by clicking the link on the bottom of the email or mentioning it on the phone or in person.
Where the Information Is Processed and Used
The company and the third party’s we use are all located in the United Kingdom. Wherever your location in the world you consent to your information being processed and transferred to the United Kingdom. Your information is only stored in the UK and is governed by UK and EU law. Which may differ and not be as protective as the country you live.
Our Use of Your Information
Our Legal Bases for Handling of Your Personal Data
The laws in some areas require companies to tell you about the legal ground they rely on to use or disclose your personal data. To the extent those laws apply, our legal grounds are as follows:
- To honour our contractual commitments to you: Much of our processing of personal data is to meet our contractual obligations to our customers, or to take steps for customers’ request in anticipation of entering into a contract with them. For example, we handle personal data on this basis to create your account and provide our Services.
- Legitimate interests: In many cases, we handle personal data on the ground that it furthers our legitimate interests this includes:
- Providing efficient and streamlined business;
- Customer service;
- Customer communications relevant to the service you are using
- Analysing and improving our business.
- Managing legal issues.
- Legal compliance: We need to use and disclose personal data in certain ways to comply with our legal obligations.
- To protect the vital interests of the customer
- Consent: Where required by law, and in some other cases, we handle personal data on the basis of your implied or express consent.
Our Disclosure of Your Information
- Consent: We may transfer your data only with your explicit consent
- Agents, Consultants and Third Parties: Sometimes like many other companies we may hire or use other companies or individuals to carry out or provide support for certain business functions. For example, carrying out marketing, providing service support, or processing payments.
- Legal Requirements: We may disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of the Company or Related Companies, (iii) protect the personal safety of users of the Services or the public, or (iv) protect against legal liability.
If you provide us with unsolicited information to do with any service we offer then we view that information to be non-confidential and we shall be free to reproduce, use, disclose, and distribute such information to others without limitation.
All services we provide are for ages 16 and above. We do not request or knowingly collect personal information for any person/persons under the age of 16. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under this age and you think information has been given to us, then please contact us at email@example.com so that the information can be removed, and all processing of such information can be stopped.
Links to Other Websites
This privacy polices only applies to our services and our website. Links to other websites not controlled by us will have their only policy’s in place and anything explained here does not apply to them. However, all sites that we link to will be checked that they are GDPR complaint and no such link will be provided if we are unsure on this. If you require more information on external sites then we suggest contacting those sites.
We retain personal data if it is still relevant to any of the services we carry out or for in the case of product recalls, data may be copied and stored for addition time in the case of business backups. After said data is no longer required we will take all reasonable steps to delete, anonymise or make sure the data is securely removed.
We take all reasonable steps to protect any data that is given to us via and for any of the services we provide from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, email sent to or from our Services may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any information via the Internet. Also, we will take all reasonable steps to secure and protect any computer and/or data in our care that has not been secured by the end user previously.
Your Data Rights and Choices
We believe in the right for all people to be able access and control any data that we hold on them. You can provide a data request to us to find out how we use and what data we hold on you. You can also unsubscribe from any of our emails that are not covered under legitimate interests by hitting the opt-out or unsubscribe button on the bottom of the email. Legitimate interests for example are if we send you any offers, information, or invoices pertaining to an existing contract already in place with us. To request any restriction on the way we process your information or to withdraw consent you can do so. However, such a request cannot be applied in a retroactive way. It will also not affect our ability to process or provide information in lawful ways.
How Can I Access the Personal Data You Have About Me?
If you would like to provide a data request then you are able to do so by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, phoning us or contacting us in person. The process will then start we will provide you with the information within 30 days from the date we have confirmed your identity.
How Do I Correct, Update, Amend, or Delete the Personal Data You Have About Me? (Fig 1.0)
If you would like to do any of the above (Fig 1.0) you can contact us at email@example.com and make a request. In the request you must say who it is pertaining to and what right you are excising. We will take steps once this request has been received to verify the identity before responding or processing the request. Data collected to fulfil a contract will not be deleted until it is no longer required under statutory legislation.
How do I Object or Restrict the Manner in Which We Process Your Personal Data?
You have the right to request that we stop using or limit how we use your data in certain circumstances. For example, if we have no lawful reason to have or use your data or if you think the data to be inaccurate. To exercise this right please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org however if you have any concerns please feel free to contact us and we will try to resolve any issues you may have.
Changes to This Policy
Any third party we deal with has been checked and we received their GDPR compliance contract, these policies have been checked to make sure it complies with the law and meets our criteria.